Security Consultant (m/f)
Tenable is more than ‘just’ the creator of Nessus. Our security solutions - including the first cloud-based platform, Tenable.io - are transforming global vulnerability management. We’re a global team, powered by creative thinkers who are wired for action, focused on delivering results and collaborating to enable decisive actions to protect what matters most. We’re in this together - colleagues, customers and partner communities working as One Tenable.
Can you join Team Tenable? Yes you can - if you’re excited by the thought of working with over 700 colleagues, 20,000 customers and a range of revolutionary products that are shaping cybersecurity in 150 countries. Being valued for who you are as well as what you do, you can embrace the pace (we’re recognized as one of the fastest growing security product companies by SC Magazine, Red Herring, Info Securities, Deloitte and E&Y) as well as enjoy a superb rewards package (we’re seen as a Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, The Washington Post, The Baltimore Sun, The Baltimore Business Journal and Expert Marketplace). The key question is: Is This You?
Tenable's Professional Services organization is looking for a Security Consultant responsible for working with clients on Tenable product installation, configuration, customizations, operations, advice, troubleshooting, and product knowledge transfer.
- Assisting customer with installing, configuring, and operating Tenable solutions
- Provide recommendations on architecture, deployment, configuration, and best practices use of Security Center and Nessus in customer environment
- Analysis of Nessus and Security Center scan results and troubleshooting failed scans
- Development of Security Center scan policies, assets, scans, dashboards and reports to meet customer needs
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Executing the engagement to exceed expectations based on strong understanding of the customer’s business and their unique needs
- Creating additional value for clients through continual insights and consultative advice based on experience with the Tenable products, the customer, their industry, established standards and industry and company best practices
- Research user needs and requirements and identify areas where changes can make maximum impact
- Assisting client with upgrades and migration to new hardware or software versions
- Provide product and best practices knowledge transfer to customer staff as needed
- Thought leadership in terms of methods and best practices for deploying Tenable solutions
- Conduct in-depth needs analysis (via phone, email or in person) with prospect technical staff to determine technical requirements and specifications of post-sales engagements in line with Tenable best practices
- Support the development of Statements of Work
- Delivering custom training for prospects/customers and partners on a as-needed basis to supplement other training staff
- Help sales while on customers sites to identify further revenue by helping to promote the wider Tenable solution
- Liaise with Customer Support on the rare occasion when dealing with an onsite customer escalation
- Support the enablement of Tenable partners by training, mentoring, certifying, and inspecting
- Documentation of methods and best practices for use internally and with customers
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years experience in IT, security, risk management or professional services
- Recent in-depth experience performing vulnerability scans, configuration audits, security monitoring with core Tenable products, Security Center and Nessus
- In depth knowledge of networks, Linux/Unix and Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
- Willing and able to travel to client sites up to 50%
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.